Freezing cold brew coffee in an ice cube tray makes this chocolatey smoothie caffeine-charged without diluting the mocha flavor, as you would with ice cubes. It’s lightly sweetened with pitted dates and pumped up with protein thanks to plain Greek yogurt.
Cold Brew Mocha Smoothie
- 1 1/3 cups (310ml) cold brew coffee, frozen into cubes
- 1/2 cup (113g) 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (118ml) 2% milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid, about 4 hours.
Place the yogurt, milk, dates, cocoa powder and vanilla in a blender and process until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender. Add the coffee ice cubes and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups per serving
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 154; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Sodium: 66mg; Carbohydrate: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 20g; Protein: 9g